It’s been a long time and hundreds of followers since I last introduced myself so I thought it was about time I gave everyone an update.
Hi, I’m Chantelle. 🙂
I am a wife, a step mother, and a dog lover. I use too many exclamation points and smiley faces in my emails and I am not sorry. 😉 I have been photographing with purpose since 2010 but have carried a camera most of my life. In 2011 while completing my photography courses, I became a volunteer photographer with Manitoba Mutts Dog Rescue but due to scheduling conflicts I had to step down. I spent the next 3 years working with another professional wedding photographer to find out if I liked wedding photography and you know what? It became a part of my soul. In 2014 I officially launched Chantelle Dione Photography and it has been one amazing ride thus far.
I become emotionally invested in the subjects I photograph and will never be someone who “just shows up to take photos.” I take my job as a photographer extremely seriously and am very hands on with my wedding couples when it comes to planning their day. Since I’m the only other vendor, besides a wedding planner, that is with you for 8+ hours on the day of your wedding, having a strong and trusting relationship with my couples is my absolute priority. I feel that this relationship begins the moment we sit down to start talking about your event.
My photographic style is one that is documentary in nature with traditional and romantic tendencies. You won’t find me overly posing you as I want to document moments as they are and as you will remember them. Of course I make suggestions on where and how to stand, what to do with your hands (no claw hands here!) and fix jacket pockets and dresses but your experience with me will not be a fully posed editorial shoot. “Pure, unscripted, love” is my motto for a reason. 🙂
Other things about me:
– My favorite color(s) is rooted in the purple family. Lilac, lavender, eggplant, violet.
– I am inspired by the 1700s French Rococo time period with a splash of Victorian 1890s.
– My hair is dark red of the salon color variety. Regardless of it’s length it has been this color for years now.
– My eyes are green with gold centers and a blue ring around the iris.
– I love to make people laugh. I have a witty sense of humor which I use to induce belly laughs from my clients.
– I have been married for 9 years this coming August (2017) and we are planning a 10 year vow renewal in Mexico.
– My husband and I LOVE to travel! We’ve been to Dominican Republic, Haiti, Jamaica, parts of Mexico (Pacific and Caribbean sides, Cozumel), Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read about me! I would love to know more about you especially if you’re planning a wedding! We still have some 2017 dates available and are booking into 2018/2019. <3